Thursday, June 30, 2011

Scary Business

Yesterday was really scary for me. I was getting ready to go to the grocery store to buy ingredients to make cheeseburgers and french fries (I had a strong craving). When I came into the bathroom to brush my hair, I bumped my pelvis really hard into the corner of the bathroom counter.

The feeling must be similar to what guys feel when they get kicked in the nether regions. I couldn't even talk for a minute or two. After the pain subsided, I realized exactly what part of my body I had bumped. It was right next to the crease where the thigh and mons pubis meet. I wish I knew exactly where my uterus begins. I may have bumped closer to my vagina for all I know, and if that's true, then my baby should be OK. I am just so scared! Last night I kept feeling throbbing off-and-on in the area I bumped and maybe a little cramping in my uterus as well. That might be normal pregnancy cramping, but why did it have to be in full force last night when I was so worried that I had caused my own miscarriage? I feel back to normal so far this morning with no cramping or bleeding (never bled at all last night either), so I am feeling a little more reassured. Also, I asked the ladies on BBC what they thought and they were all reassuring as well.

I hate my stupid bathroom! It is so small and cramped, and that is why I bumped into the counter yesterday! I am going to put some padding on the corners of that counter because I do not want this to happen again. Maybe I'll just go ahead and pregnancy-proof the whole house. Come to think of it, this is not my first act of clumsiness while pregnant. A week ago, I bumped my forehead pretty hard on the corner of my printer. (Yeah, not sure how I managed that one.)

I thought it was just a normal oops-bump, but then a couple days later, I saw that I had actually cut my forehead! See the line at the top of my forehead?

Anyways, I am going to try to be more careful from now on. I wish I didn't have to be so neurotic and could be carefree like I was with my first pregnancy. Oh well. That's life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're ok! I hope all is well! I bet you're getting even more excited. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yeah, I am really excited for the first appointment to make sure everything is all right.

    ReplyDelete