Friday, July 8, 2011

Old Cat

Hello. Wow. Ever since I got pregnant, I feel like my life is a never-ending soap opera. So much drama! My life is normally very quiet and boring. This week was tough because I was an emotional mess. My old cat, Maxi, who is 19 years old started having health issues. She peed all over a cat bed and a dog bed and also doesn't want to pee in the litter box anymore. She sometimes does this, so I thought maybe this was just a phase. Then, I find bleeding in her nether region, which has never happened before, so I get really worried. I took her to the vet and they said she may have a liver infection. She also lost 2 pounds and is now underweight. Yikes! I was so worried about her! I was picturing her dying and the horrible grieving that would take place. I have owned this cat for 18 years. I love her a bunch. Luckily, the enema cleared her out and she got her appetite back. She seems her usual self.

On top of all that drama, I was so worried about my baby and it was driving me crazy not knowing how things are going "down there". I try to reassure myself by realizing I have more symptoms this go-around and it seems like things are all right. Logic doesn't always work though. I am really looking forward to my first appointment on the 18th and hopefully the ultrasound will be soon after.

If you're TTC, I wish you luck and hope for a BFP very soon. For those pregnant, I hope for sticky babies!
Have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you're cat is not doing well, I hope she gets better soon. I hope your appointment comes soon for you I know how it is waiting for those appointments. Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog on Baby center :) Also pregnant and due in Feb :) Hope your kitty is okay .... signed your newest follower...

    PS... any idea what's up with the follower app.... I had to hit follow from the top of the page... it isn't working on my blog either...

    Iloveyoutothemoonmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete