Saturday, June 25, 2011

Vacation, Bloating, and To Tell or Not to Tell?

Hello! I just got back from my cruise a couple of days ago. We had a lot of fun! We went to Ocho Rios, Jamaica. While there we climbed a waterfall called Dunn's River Falls and then spent some time at a beautiful beach.


Then, we went to Grand Cayman island. We swam with some big sting rays and did some snorkeling by a coral reef.












We had a great time! I was very happy to note no bleeding or anything that might indicate a miscarriage. I sure was bloated though! Normally, in the summertime, I get very fit and feel comfortable enough to wear a bikini. Not this summer! I may not be experiencing many symptoms, but bloating is definitely one of them. 

Also, I kind of quietly decided to wait awhile before telling family and friends we are pregnant. My husband supports whatever I want to do. Last time, we told my mom, sister, best friend, his parents, his brother, and his best friend right away. I am not necessarily afraid to tell them and then miscarry (because I am confident I will meet my baby in February!) I just want to tell them when I am fairly sure that we are "in the clear" after seeing the baby on an ultrasound. That way, they can truly be excited and we'll be excited all over again with them. :) Also, I figure the more things I have to look forward to, the more easily the time will pass. As you know from my blog title, I am not a patient person. Everything seems to move too slow! LOL

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had an awesome time. We got married in Jamaica in April and loved it so much we didn't want to leave. I defiantly can understand not wanting to tell family and friends we are the same way. We are just looking towards the future and meeting our little one in Feb. also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might tell close family and friends after the first ultrasound and then everyone else at the end of the 1st trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, my hubby and I have a timeline of when we will tell certain people once we become preggers. It's a lot about who can keep a secret too. I'm really nervous to tell his parents because his mom is a little unpredictable when it comes to secrets!

    At least you have your fellow bloggers about it! :o)

    ReplyDelete