Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baby Fever Has Officially Turned into Baby Inferno!!!


Hello! I have some exciting news! I took a pregnancy test yesterday and was shocked to see it was positive. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to wait months or even a year to get pregnant again, but I kind of figured I would have to wait because that's what happened the first time. Also, my life seems to happen in slow motion. I am always waiting for something it seems and then when I am about dying and can't wait any longer, it finally happens.

I probably shouldn't be that surprised that I got a BFP. I had a clue on Saturday at 9 dpo. I was shopping with my friend Jill, trying on some shorts, when I felt really quick, sharp jabs in my uterus. I remember thinking, "Wow, I haven't felt anything like this since I was pregnant." A light bulb went off and I was excited to think maybe I was pregnant. Then, the song "Happy to be Stuck with You" by Huey Lewis and the News came on the store speakers. I thought that that must be a sign: I am pregnant, happy, and hoping that this baby sticks.


During the next two days, I didn't really feel any more sharp cramps or really anything to indicate pregnancy, so I got a little bummed out, thinking I had gotten my hopes up (which is silly because with my first pregnancy, I didn't have symptoms until 14-15 dpo). Plus, I took an HPT on Sunday at 10 dpo, and it was a clear negative. I never test that early, so I was mad at myself that I did.

Yesterday, I took a test again because my temps were staying up, and I just wanted to officially confirm AF would be coming soon. Lo, and behold, a BFP!

Now I am starting a new "waiting game". I haven't told my husband yet about any of this! His birthday is tomorrow, so I thought it would be very cool to tell him on his b-day. He has been really stressed out with work lately, so I wanted to get him very excited/happy while also creating a good memory that we can later share with our son/daughter. I am not good at waiting, so this is killing me! So many times yesterday I wanted to tell him, but stopped myself. It is also hard not telling him because he is my best friend and I tell him everything. Thank goodness I have Babycenter and this blog and you fine readers! :)

Also, on a side note, I really think getting the timing right for intercourse with OPKs and BBT charting, doing missionary style, lying down for a long time afterwards, and my husband switching to boxers really make a huge difference in whether we conceive or not. We went 12 months without conceiving (not even a chemical pregnancy, not that I ever want one) and I think it is because the timing was a little off (it has to be near perfect) and he was wearing briefs. Also, maybe both of us taking vitamins made a difference too.

Anyways, I'll let you know how the big surprise goes tomorrow, and hopefully I'll get to share my experience of being 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 24 weeks, and 40 weeks pregnant. I already love this baby so much!

6 comments: