Sunday, September 25, 2011

Baby kick brings new love (cue sentimental music)


Exciting news! For the last week or so, I thought I was feeling the baby poke my hand while I was lying down at night. I was not sure because I haven't ever really felt the typical "flutters", "bubbles", and whatnot that you are supposed to feel when baby is moving. Every once in awhile I feel something weird going on in my uterus; I can't even describe it. Well, whenever I have gotten this weird feeling (usually when I am lying down at night), I put my hand on my tummy below my belly button. I could have sworn several times I felt small pokes and even the occasional roll. Every time I swear I feel something against my hand, I shout for husband to come into the room to see if he can feel it. So far every time we try, he says he can't feel anything or says it's hard to tell what he is feeling. Last night, on the other hand, he put his hand on my tummy for a few minutes and actually felt some pokes and even a roll! I couldn't believe it! I guess I really am officially feeling the baby move. :)

In other news, I went on a major shopping spree yesterday (well, major for me, at least). I needed an extra pair of maternity slacks for work, casual pants for weekends, long sleeved shirts for work and weekends, and some fitted, stretchy tees for layering under sweaters and whatnot. I was a little worried I wouldn't find much or would have to pay a TON of money because I read that maternity selections for most stores are online now. I don't like buying clothes online because I don't want to be stuck with clothes that don't fit right or have to pay to return them by mail.

Anyways, I first went to Burlington Coat Factory because I read on Baby Center that their maternity clothing is reasonably priced and they were correct. The shirts did not seem of good quality and I was skeptical whether they would really stretch appropriately as I get bigger. The jeans and casual pants, though, looked nicely made and fit me well, so I bought two pairs of weekend pants there as well as one shirt. Then, I went to Savers (a thrift store). Man, I hit the mother-load there! They had a lot of maternity clothes in my size, in good condition, and did not look out of style at all. Plus, a maternity winter coat for $10! I ended up also getting 2 fitted tees, a work shirt, a long sleeved shirt, and corduroy pants. I also went to Gordman's, which was a bit disappointing. It is all Motherhood Maternity stuff and we have that store in the same mall. I did find and buy a long-sleeved shirt there that was cheaper than at the Motherhood store. I went to JC Penney's, even though I went there a little over a month ago already because they have such good prices and quality. Plus, they were having a store sale. I bought 2 sweaters and 1 pair of work pants for $60 total that would normally be $80.

Now I am super excited about Monday, October 3 (like I wasn't before, right?). I want to find out the sex and start buying things for my son or daughter, start working on his/her quilt, and get going on getting the baby's room ready. A lot of my worry has fallen by the wayside and I just want to start bonding with my son/daughter. I want to start listening to music more so baby can hear. I want my husband to start talking more to him/her in my tummy. Heck- maybe I'll even try hard not to get annoyed when people rub my belly without asking first! LOL

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you got so much clothing! I went to Burlington, also, and they had some okay stuff at mine. I can't wait to hear if your having a boy or girl! We're not finding out, so I'll just live through your excitement until we find out in March. :o)

    ReplyDelete