Monday, September 19, 2011

18 weeks and finally showing! :)

I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow. Hip hip hooray! That's getting pretty close to the halfway point of my pregnancy. 2 weeks from today we will have the anatomy scan and probably find out the gender too. Although I still sometimes worry about if things are OK "in there", I feel comforted by seeing by belly continuing to get bigger. I had a dream last night that I wipe and see blood, but I will not let it bother me. I think that dream was more a reflection of my fears than an actual prediction. (When I miscarried last time, I had a dream the night before that I would bleed and I did.) I also tell myself that nothing bad can happen because my old cat Maxi is up in heaven watching down on me and protecting my baby. I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but if this baby is a boy, I am really thinking of naming him Max in honor of my cat.

Exciting news... Someone actually noticed my bump today at work! Up until this point, people kept telling me I'm not showing or that I still look pretty thin. Not today! I was pretty excited to hear that someone besides my husband and I notices my belly getting bigger. It makes the pregnancy all the more real. Baby must be OK if my belly is getting bigger, right?

I'll post a belly pic later tonight or tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your baby bump! Looking forward to seeing the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete