Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good bye, Old Girl


Well, my cat Maxi died on Friday, July 22. She was 19 years old. I kind of knew she was dying, but I was still kind of in denial and debating whether to put her down or not. She made the choice for me. She died peacefully in her sleep. My husband buried her next to a little tree in our backyard. Today, I ordered an engraved rock to put on her spot. I am also working on a memorial video/slideshow and photo album. I am posting this picture in loving memory.


                                       Maxi, about 5 years ago, when she was still very playful. :)

I miss her so much. She was my baby for so long. I can't believe she is gone. I don't think I will ever have a pet as great as she was. She was the pet that would cuddle me when I was sad. She was also the cat that would bite me (not hard) to communicate her displeasure with me. LOL I always loved her sassy, cranky nature. I am thinking that if this baby in my tummy turns out to be a boy, I might name him Max or Maxwell after her. That's how much she meant to me and will always mean to me. I hope she is at peace in "Kitty Heaven". I also hope that she knew in her final moments/days of life that I loved her very much. I did everything I could to make her last few days comfortable for her. I hope I succeeded. I hope she wasn't in any pain. I am just so thankful that I had her for so long and she had good health for the vast majority of that time. I am very lucky.

She will always be my sweet precious "Old Girl". :) I will never forget her. EVER.






2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry!! I know how hard it is to lose a pet... they're so much more than that! Maxi was lucky to have you just as much as you were lucky to have her.

    ((Hug!))

    ReplyDelete