Monday, August 1, 2011

I saw my baby!!!



What a fabulous day! I had my first ultrasound appointment today. My husband and I were so worried on our way there. The last time we got an ultrasound, it was to basically see an empty uterus after my miscarriage. :( Today's experience was so different! Baby measured a few days farther than I thought, so I am adjusting my estimated due date. Before I thought I was due 2/23. This was calculated based on when I ovulated. Turns out, I am actually due on 2/21 (based on last menstrual period), which makes me 10w6d. My baby measured 11 weeks on the dot today. The baby was moving around a lot too, which is really cool. I am so glad baby is growing and still has a strong heartbeat. I feel like the luckiest person alive!

Also, a lot of my clothes don't fit anymore. I start work/teaching in a few weeks, so I was worried about what I was going to wear. Problem solved! I bought 5 new shirts at Goodwill that are loose and comfy. I bought a pair of maternity pants and stretchy waistband shorts from Kohls, 3 more pairs of maternity pants at JC Penney's, and 2 belly bands at Motherhood Maternity. I think I am set until cold temperatures set in! (Then I will have to buy maternity sweaters perhaps.) I am pretty thrilled also because I didn't break the bank with all these purchases. Also, maternity pants look better on me than regular pants. Who knew?


4 comments:

  1. Yay.. Congrats! Glad it all went really well. So happy for you!

    Ive always wondered about those tummy sleeves.. are they just to help support your belly or do they help with other things as well?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Awesome!!! Congrats!! Aren't maternity pants the best? They are so comfy. Are you showing yet?

    I am overweight any ways so I just feel thicker but I can feel my uterus under my belly button getting bigger and a little harder.

    YAY for good appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. No, I'm not really showing yet. Just really bloated or something. I will use the tummy sleeve so I can wear my pre-pregnancy pants unbuttoned and they won't fall down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I love maternity pants! I am finally wearing my maternity shorts and aaaaah, they are so comfortable. Pants are next!
    xoxo Marissa

    ReplyDelete