Saturday, May 7, 2011

Looking forward to party, wedding, flowers, cruise, baby... Not necessarily in that order

Hi, again!

So many things going on now!

I just ovulated yesterday (I think). This is 3 weeks after my miscarriage, before my first period. We actually tried rather vigorously (contrary to my previous plan) because I couldn't imagine passing up that fertile time without full-on effort. I might be a little crazy, but I feel so optimistic!

Also, 6 weeks to go until our cruise! My husband and I are flying to Miami and cruising to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands.


So excited! I can't wait to be out and about in warm summer weather and swimming in the ocean!

Also, in the next 2 weeks, I go to my cousin's graduation party. I remember holding him soon after he was born and then later babysitting him and his brother and sister as they grew up. I can't believe he is 18 and graduating! I feel so old! LOL

I will also be attending my brother's Special Olympics track meet the same day. He wasn't involved in Special Olympics last year because of emotional difficulties, so I look forward to seeing him competing. He is actually pretty good at shot-put and running. If you have never been to a Special Olympics sporting event, I highly recommend it. It is very fun and the competitors enjoy it so much.

My friend from high school will be marrying a woman he met at my wedding 3 years ago! I love weddings, mostly because of the food and dancing at the reception. I plan on dragging my husband out on the dance floor and making a fool of myself.

My birthday is coming up and I will plant flowers with my mother-in-law. I look forward to getting my hands dirty and seeing a beautiful yard as a result. Then, I will really know summer is coming soon!


Good thing all this exciting stuff is happening right now because I think work will continue to be stressful up until the final day of school. I am trying to get several of my students into summer school. They have special needs. (I am a special education teacher.) It is very difficult to get them into summer school, which drives me crazy. I hate how deplorably school districts and society in general still treat people with disabilities. All anyone seems to care about is how much their care costs. Guess what? We used to put people with disabilities into institutions and that was inhumane AND expensive! OK, done venting! :)

I just hope 2 weeks from now, I am writing a blog post stating that I am cautiously expecting my first child (a rainbow baby).

2 comments:

  1. I think I O today! I hope we both have good luck!!! :o)

    It is really frustrating about summer school. I'm in a bilingual room and my newcomers get first priority for summer school, which really stinks because I have so many others that are super low that need it too. I wish they would let special cases have more kids getting priority. Sometimes I wish they would let teachers run things, we know a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Ain't that the truth! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete