Saturday, February 11, 2012

38 1/2 weeks Update!

Yikes! It's been over a month since I last posted! I have been super busy these last few weeks getting ready for the baby. Last weekend, we finished up our last Bradley birth class (12 weeks total). I can't believe in about 2 weeks, the baby will be coming! I hope I am- we are- ready. Also, I have been busy with meetings at work and getting everything ready for my sub. It makes me kind of sad to think that I have been concentrating more on work than the upcoming arrival of my baby, but maybe it just seems that way. Or maybe that's a good thing because once baby comes, I know I won't be thinking about work at all. I have also been busy buying last minute things for baby and getting things ready around the house. We bought a pack-and-play and a co-sleeper 2 weeks ago. We are also adding a bathroom in the basement. (Yes, we're crazy.) The tub is already installed, which I am excited about because I can use it as a pain relief method when I am in labor. (The upstairs tub is WAY too shallow.)

Also, I meant to post this a month or two ago, but baby's room is done. It has a Dr. Seuss theme. Here are some pictures...



 Behind the blue fabric is the baby's name. I am keeping it hidden for now so nosey family members don't find out. :)
I made the quilt.

I bought this clock and adorned it with Dr. Seuss pictures.

 I added Dr. Suess fabric to the bottom of these curtains.
 This is a photshopped (obviously) picture of my cat who died over the summer. 
A co-worker made this for my baby. Cute!

 The quilt was made by great-grandma on my dad's side of the family. I want to find a better way to display it.
 I decoupaged the light switch plate.
 Close-up of the wall border.
 I put Dr. Seuss fabric on the lamp shade.
I made green eggs and ham out of air-dry clay. Behind the green eggs and ham is a framed ultrasound picture.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I was hoping for an update! :o) Only 2 weeks left for you! That's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog off a link in a friend's blog. Just wanted to let you know how adorable I think your room is!! I might just steal this idea when I have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I got the wall decals from amazon.com.

    ReplyDelete